Open Science Initiatives
In accordance with the Open Access Policy of the University of Graz, the University Library supports university members in all organizational, financial, and legal matters related to Open Access, including “by providing financial support for selected open access infrastructures and publication channels”.
To this end, the University of Graz participates in selected non-profit initiatives, university-related and community-based infrastructures, and publication models that contribute to the transition to Open Access in order to support a transparent, sustainable and diverse publication and research landscape and to enable a transformation of scholarly communication according to Open Science principles.
The following initiatives have been or are currently supported by the University of Graz in the way of memberships or innovative Open Access funding models:
- arXiv - 2021-2023
- Directory of Open Access Books - 2020-2022
- Directory of Open Access Journals - since 2016
- Language Science Press - since 2018
- Open Book Publishers - since 2020
- Open Commons of Phenomenology - since 2018
- Open Library of Humanities - 2019-2021
- Public Knowledge Project - 2021-2023
- Routledge Gender Studies - 2019-2021
- SciPost - 2019-2023
- Sherpa/Romeo - 2021
- Transcript Open Library Political Science - 2019-2020
- wbv Open Library Educational Science - 2020
- Funding is provided by the University Library and the “Austrian Transition to Open Access” project (2017-2020).