Borrow, pick up, fines
Branch libraries and departments
For books at the branch libraries and departments you can find their location in uni≡kat. In most cases these books are freely accessible: take the book from the shelf and borrow it from the issue desk.
To loan a book from the main library you need to find and order it in uni≡kat.
After ordering a book you can pick it up at the issue desk.
- Orders from 8:00 to 13:00 are available at the issue desk from 14:00 onwards.
- Orders from 13:00 to 8:00 on the next workday are available at the issue desk from 10:00 onwards.
Reserved books are available for 5 days after arrival.
Picking up books by proxy
If you want to pick up books for another user you need written authorization.
From the main library you can loan 25 books at the same time for 30 days. Please consider different loan periods at the branch libraries.
Special loan conditions
When writing a Diplomarbeit/Bakk-/Masterarbeit you may apply for special loan conditions.
Applicate for Diplomand/Bakk/Master status
- When writing a Diplomarbeit/Bakk-/Masterarbeit you may apply for better loan conditions. All you need is your supervising tutor's signature on the application form.
- If you write a thesis your status is automatically set via UNIGRAZonline.
- The new status allows you to loan books from the main library for 60 instead of only 30 days. In addition the limit of borrowed books is raised from 25 to 75.
If you do not hand in the books before the end of the loan period (generally 30 days) you will receive a reminder. After the first reminder you are charged € 0,20 per book and per day. For each reminder you are charged € 2,00.
In order to avoid charged reminders, we send you free reminders per email – if we have your email address – up until 5 days before the book is due.
You are not excused from paying fees if emails don't reach you.