Order, reserve, renew
In general, only books at the main library have to be ordered (from the closed stack). At the other branch libraries books usually are freely accessible on the shelves. Borrowed books can be reserved, though.
- Search in uni≡kat and click on "locations" in the results list and when necessary (multiple entries) on the big + sign right beside the desired location. In the right column the possible request options are listed.
- If the column "Due date" is empty, the book is in the library. Only books of the main library have to be ordered from the closed stack by clicking "request/reservation".
- If the column "Due date" is empty, the book is in the library.
- A date indicates that another user has borrowed the book until then. You can place a reservation by clicking "request/reservation".
- Your UNIGRAZonline account was activated as recently as today. You can't use uni≡kat until the following workday.
- You haven't registered to use the library services, yet. See library card.
- You have reached the limit of reservations.
- You tried to reserve a textbook altough there still is at least one copy on the shelf.
- You chose a book where special conditions apply.
When in doubt, please ask our library staff.
You can renew borrowed books in your account in uni≡kat provided that there are no reservations from other users. You can also renew you books via telephone at the respective library.
Renewal is not possible when:
- Another user made a reservation for the book.
- The possible loan period is exceeded (including renewals)
- The loan period is exceeded for one of your borrowed books.
- Your right to borrow books or your account is blocked.
- You have already renewed the book.