Any EU citizen older than 14 may use the library. To borrow books your principal residence has to be in Austria or you have to be a member or student of a university or college in Austria or abroad). Loan is free of costs, but you need a (free) library card.
The greater part of the holdings can be borrowed. Books at the main library have to be ordered from the closed stack via uni≡kat.
At other locations books are usually freely accessible on the shelves but can be reserved online when borrowed by another user. As for the terms of loan, please consult the respective location.
Pleaes note that some resources can be used only on campus because of license restrictions.
On campus of the university of Graz
- On work stations on campus you can access all electronic resources (e-journals, e-books, databases) without having to log in (the IP address is checked automatically).
On campus via WLAN
- Members of the university of Graz (staff & students) can also access the electronic resources via WLAN on their own laptop.
From home via VPN
- Members of the university of Graz may also access the electronic resources from anywhere using VPN (Virtual Private Network). How to install a VPN client: see UNI IT.
- Access to the full-text is restricted to members of the University of Graz.
- Full-text articles or chapters may only be printed or saved for personal use or teaching and research purposes.
- Systematic download of articles, chapters or search results - in particular by using robots - is strictly prohibited. If you do so, access to the publishing house server can be denied to the whole campus.
- Articles or chapters must not be given to a third party, neither in printed or electronic type.
- The commercial use of search results is prohibited.
- Special terms and conditions apply for E-Books on Demand (EOD).