In this presentation Katie Chin, Acquisition Editor at Brill Publishers, will give us insights on publishing workflows and services at Brill. The session will focus on book publishing in humanities, social sciences and theology. Brill publishes close to 1,400 books per year, the Dutch publisher recently acquired Vandenhoeck & Ruprecht and their imprint Böhlau.
Katie Chin will talk about:
- When do I start looking for a publisher?
- How to choose a publisher and get in touch with them
- Open Access models at Brill
- Which steps does it take to get a book published? From proposal to published book
- How publishers decide on which book to publish
The session will end with an open Q&A. Feel free to send us your questions beforehand: ub.publikationsservices(at)uni-graz.at